The transfer of land ownership within a family – even an extended one – is relatively simple and there are ways to do it where you legally minimize your transfer duty and associated costs. If you’re looking to transfer your property deeds across to a related property, Alpha Conveyancing and Settlement Solutions can help you with any of the following:
- Transfer by Consent Orders Divorce/Separation property orders (exempt stamp duty)
- Transfer adding spouse to title (exempt stamp duty)
- Transfer from brother & sister to brother (stamp duty payable)
- Transfer from parents to children (stamp duty payable)
- Transfer from owner to family trust (stamp duty payable)
How much can it cost?
Where stamp duty is payable, a commercial valuation (client cost) or valuation by VGO (no cost) for assessment of stamp duty payable.